November 9th, 2010
Jack-o'-Spec: Tales of Halloween and Fantasy is about halfway full, with many good pieces on hold. If you're waiting in the holds pile, you have about a 50-50 chance of making it. Not meaning to torture anyone--I'm moving as fast as I can, which has been pretty fast.
Here's what I've accepted so far:
- Paul L. Bates, "Unwanted Children," fiction.
- Robert Borski, "Halloween (The Planet)," poem.
- Bruce Boston, "Halloween Hunchback," poem.
- Nancy Ellis Taylor, "Dia de los Muertos/LA," poem.
- Michael M. Jones, "Who Killed the Pumpkin King?" fiction.
- Geoffrey A. Landis, "Monsters," poem.
- Joe Nazare, "The Day after Halloween," fiction.
- Jason S. Ridler, "The Night Ol' Jack Came Back," fiction.
- Alexandra Seidel, "Lanterns," poem.
- Marge Simon, "Traditions," fiction.
- Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy, "Forty-Eight Hours a Year," fiction.
- John F.D. Taff, "The Lacquered Box," fiction.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, 15 November, a week from yesterday. Guidelines are here:http://ravenelectrick.com/Jackospec.html