December 1st, 2010
I've now answered ALL submissions for Jack-o'-Spec: Tales of Halloween and Fantasy! I have to tell you I'm VERY excited about this one. We have steampunk Halloweens, post-apocalyptic Halloweens, alternate history Halloweens, outer space Halloweens, and noir Halloweens, not to mention new speculative takes on Halloween perennials, such as haunted houses, witches, ghosts, vampires, and, of course, jack-o'-lanterns. Is the editor allowed to squee? I don't care, I'm going to squee!
Here's the lineup in alphabetical order. I'll wrangle it into a table of contents before too long.
- Paul L. Bates, "Unwanted Children," fiction.
- Robert Borski, "Halloween (The Planet)," poem.
- Bruce Boston, "Halloween Hunchback," poem.
- Leslie Brown, "Incursion," fiction.
- Shannon Connor Winward, "All Souls' Day," poem.
- James S. Dorr, "The Leaves," fiction.
- Nancy Ellis Taylor, "Dia de los Muertos/LA," poem.
- Kendall Evans, "Deceiving the Dead," poem.
- Jude-Marie Green, "Defying Gravity," fiction.
- Samantha Henderson, "Sugar Skulls," fiction.
- Michael M. Jones, "Who Killed the Pumpkin King?" fiction.
- Geoffrey A. Landis, "Monsters," poem.
- Elissa Malcohn, "Visitations," fiction.
- Joe Nazare, "The Day after Halloween," fiction.
- Gregory L. Norris, "The Two Houses," fiction.
- Jason S. Ridler, "The Night Ol' Jack Came Back," fiction.
- Jill M. Riga, "Bad Reputation," poem.
- Daniel R. Robichaud II, "Autumn Jitters," fiction.
- Karen A. Romanko, "Death in a Harlequin Suit," fiction.
- Alexandra Seidel, "Lanterns," poem.
- Alexandra Seidel, "Tricks and Treats," poem.
- Marge Simon, "Traditions," fiction.
- Lee Ann Sontheimer Murphy, "Forty-Eight Hours a Year," fiction.
- John F.D. Taff, "The Lacquered Box," fiction.
- Cliff Winnig, "The Experiment," fiction.